Tofu that doesn't suck.

I do not think that tofu sucks, but I know a lot of people do. This blog is for all those people. Here's a recipe I found/perfected that is really delicious and super-easy. Sometimes I feel like you have to be a really good chef in order to make tofu good, or crispy, or tasty. This recipe is a no-fail, simple masterpiece. Oh, and baked tofu is healthier than fried tofu.

Really Easy Fail-proof Tofu

1) Preheat oven to 400
2) Cut tofu into slices (see picture below)
3) Soak (or marinate if you're into those cooking terms) in soy sauce or wheat-free tamari and a couple drops of sesame oil (optional) for about 10 minutes
4) Place slices on oiled baking sheet
5) Bake for 15 minutes
6) Flip each slice over and bake for another 15 minutes


I eat mine with rice because I read that if you eat tofu with rice, your body is able to absorb more of the protein. Also I sprinkle sesame seeds on top of everything because sesame seeds are awesome. For a really easy-to-make meal, steam something green and put that with the rice and tofu.


Another reason I like this meal is because I'm impatient. I don't like to wait for the oven to preheat and I don't like waiting for stuff to cook. So here's what I do:
Start the rice. Cook it for 40 minutes.
Then preheat the oven for the tofu. By the time the oven preheats, the tofu should be done marinating.
Put the tofu in the oven and then start the greens.
By the time your greens are done, the tofu will need to be flipped.
By that time you only have about 15 minutes left, with which you can pick up all the crap on your kitchen table, get out plates, turn off the rice, tell your people that dinner's ready, and figure out which Simpsons episode you will watch during dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment