REFINED SUGAR

Refined sugar gave me a headache. And what a surprise..not. I've always heard it's bad for you. 48 hours after I ate it, I had the first real headache of the whole experiment. It wasn't a migraine, but it convinced me that I did not have to try sugar a second time that week.

The good news is I have an amazing recipe for you all. This is a pie (in which I will now use unrefined sugar) that is ridiculously easy to make. Crust and all: easy as pie.


Easy Schmeasy Pie
Make this right in the plate – no rolling!
Source: http://www.buildyourownhouse.ca/Pie%20Crust.htm

Crust:
1 ½ cups flour or barley flour
2 tbsp. Sugar
Quick Dash of Salt
½ cup Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp. Milk or soy milk

Filling:
Frozen or fresh fruit
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350

1- Mix the Dry Ingredients directly in the Pie Plate. Draw a little circle in the middle with your finger.
2- Pour the oil and milk into a jar and put the lid on tightly. Give it a good shake.
Pour this mixture into the circle and mix it gently with a fork until completely blended.
3- Press the pastry against the sides of the pie plate first, then fill in the bottom.
4- Mix any fresh or frozen fruit with 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar
5- Bake for about 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment