CORN

Corn week is here, and thank Earth because corn is very hard to avoid!
I don't think I have explained the reintroduction process yet. I'll use corn as my example since that's the food of the week.

On day 1 I eat a normal serving of corn.
On day 2-4 I pay attention to any symptoms.
If there is an obvious symptom, I don't need to reintroduce corn again on day 5 because I have already seen its negative effects. I can choose to never eat corn, or I can choose to try again in 6 weeks.
If there are no obvious symptoms, then I eat another normal serving of corn on day 5.
I pay attention to any symptoms on days 6 and 7, and I assess how I feel at the end of the week.
This is what I will do every week with each new food. I have also read about the possibility of overcoming a sensitivity by avoiding it for a while (like 6 months). So if I reintroduce corn and it makes me sick, I don't have to assume I will never eat it again in my life. And there's the bright side we've all been waiting for.

For my first corn adventure, we went out to a Mexican restaurant where I ate way too many corn tortillas. The next day I had no energy and I felt generally crappy.

On day 5 I ate 2 corn-on-the-cobs, which tasted amazing, by the way. I cut the corn off the cob and ate it with a salmon salad. Yum. The next couple days I felt fine.

So then I was confused about corn. Any advice? I think I will try again in 6 weeks because these results seem a bit inconclusive to me. Anyone know how corn tortillas are processed...did that have something to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment