TOMATO


It's been six weeks and it's time to introduce my first food! I'm choosing tomatoes because we have a million in the backyard, and it's been hard to avoid them in things like sauces. Think about all the ways in which tomatoes really enhance other foods: barbecue sauce, ketchup, pasta sauce, Indian veggie dishes, salads, sandwich and egg toppings, the list goes on.
To sum up: I've missed them.


Justin and I decided to make fried green tomatoes since we had so many green tomatoes. We planted late, and then we didn't have that much sun (Portland, go figure). So, we rented the movie and made a night of it. And to make the meal as southern as possible, we ate the tomatoes with lentils and rice.

Simple Fried Green Tomatoes

1) Mix barley flour with salt and pepper.
2) Cut green tomatoes into slices.
3) Cover tomato slices with flour mixture
4) Fry in oil!

Tomato week was a success. I had no symptoms, so tomatoes are back in the diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment