Week Four: Nuts and Raisins

The one amazing thing about being a migrainista is that I have learned to tell exactly when one is coming on. I think most migrainists can name a few warning signs. Often, my sign is feeling tense in my shoulders and neck.

With that in mind, here's a journal entry from this week that made me happy:

"At about 5 pm I started to feel this feeling in my head and shoulders--that tense feeling where I can assume I will get a headache. BUT no headache came...I feel like before this diet, this would have been a headache or migraine."

So I guess I have eliminated enough stressors from my system that when I do feel a bit stressed, it doesn't turn into a migraine. Yay!

In other news, I have been snacking on nuts and raisins. Since I can't eat out, I make sure to always have food with me when I leave the house. I have started carrying around a tupperware of nuts, raisins, dried cherries, and sunflower seeds, which makes a great healthy snack, and is an easy to-go item when I didn't plan ahead and make lunch like I should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment