Week Five: The Real Test

One of the reasons I knew something was wrong with my body (or what I was putting in it) was that every Sunday I would struggle to get up to teach Sunday school. I teach Rhythm and Movement, so in addition to working with excited children, my whole class is based on running and jumping and clapping. I would see all the other teachers awake and cheerful, maybe tired because it was a weekend, but more or less awake. Sometimes I would marvel at the plans some people had after Sunday school...hiking, going out with friends, doing homework. I knew that after Sunday school (which is 9-12:15) I would bike home (with difficulty) and take a nap.

The real test, therefore, was if this diet would make a difference when it came to Sundays. And lo and behold, I passed with flying colors. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to get up on Sunday morning. My stomach didn't hurt, which is often a problem for me when not getting enough sleep. I did not feel drained biking to or from work, and I was able to go home and have the rest of my day without needing to reclaim the hours of sleep Sundays had previously taken from me. This was the real test, and the motivation I need to continue this crazy, strict, no-social-life-at-cafes diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment