No More Wheat. Period.

Let's recap:
I had migraines
Then I went on this diet
Then I had way more energy and no migraines

I haven't mentioned this yet, but I have a history of irregular and painful menstrual cycles. This was not even something I was thinking of addressing with this diet, but as I was warned, once you start the elimination diet, all sorts of things get better that you didn't even know were wrong.

The last period I had was the same week I decided to reintroduce wheat. (That was a poor decision because I couldn't tell if that week's symptoms were because of wheat or my period.) That week I had unusually bad cramps. They were the kind that wake you up in the middle of the night. That week I also felt tired and heavy-headed. I decided to wait a few weeks and try wheat again.

I tried reintroducing wheat again two weeks ago and I got a headache. I decided to eliminate wheat until I reintroduce it again (if I ever do).

Fast-forward a month to this week. I did not introduce anything this week because I had my period. I have not had cramps at all. In fact, my period was barely noticeable. Based on this information and my past history of periods, cramps, etc. I am putting together this puzzle. Has wheat been negatively affecting my period for my WHOLE adult life?!

To sum up: I reintroduced wheat and I had terrible cramps. Then I eliminated wheat and I can barely tell that I have my period. What else am I to conclude except that I am highly sensitive to wheat? Sad but true I guess.

I will keep testing this theory with each period. If I continue to avoid wheat and continue to have non-painful periods, that's pretty exciting evidence that I have been lacking for 17 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment