Pumpkin Pie!

I know, you must be sick of hearing about pumpkin. But I'm eating seasonally, and I'm not over pumpkin! It never ceases to amaze me. In fact at this very moment I am making pumpkin muffins :)

Here's an amazing pumpkin pie recipe. Before you read the recipe, you should know that I, too, was skeptical of a pie made with tofu. But it is really, really good! Justin and I were addicted to it all week, and we're not crazy vegans who have lost our taste buds. I promise, you can trust me.

Pie filling:
1 container silken firm tofu, drained
1 can pumpkin or 1 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin
3/4 cups sugar
a dash salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Crust: (this is the same crust I posted earlier)
1 ½ cups flour or barley flour
2 tbsp. Sugar
Quick Dash of Salt
½ cup Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp. Milk or soy milk

Mix all crust ingredients and spread out in pie tin.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Blend tofu and pumpkin together. Mix all pie filling ingredients.
Spoon pie filling into the crust and bake for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

If anyone makes this, post a comment and let us know what you think. And if anyone's skeptical, post a question (like, is it really firm like "real" pumpkin pie?) and I will respond (yes!).

2 comments:

  1. I am skepticle. You like tofu-noodle-pea-mush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I do like mush, this pie was not mush. And there were no extraneous floating objects in the pie :) Yes, I learned to use a blender. Thanks for the comment, Joanie. Any other skeptics?

    ReplyDelete