Who says I'm not eating well?!

Two food highlights from this week:

Breaded tempeh with buckwheat noodles and rainbow chard
Soak the tempeh strips in tamari for about 45 minutes. Then roll them around in barley flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly fry in canola oil until they start browning.
Eat with sauteed onions and garlic, steamed rainbow chard, and buckwheat noodles. Save the tamari marinade in case you want to use it as sauce while eating.


Pumpkin pasta with tofu and cheddar
Yea, I know, this sounds weird, but I actually found a pumpkin pasta recipe on Rachael Ray's site, so it's legit.
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil. Add 1/4 cup pumpkin and 1/4 cup soy milk. Add 1/4 cup tofu and mush all together to make a sauce. Add cinnamon to taste (and nutmeg if you're into that). Mix with rice noodles (or wheat noodles if you're into that), and top with (raw) cheddar.
Mmmmmm. All I can say is I'm SO happy to have some sort of cheese back in my life.


1 comment:

  1. Julie -- this sounds good. I'm going to try it. I didn't know you were ever going to be eating cheese. That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete