EGG YOLK II

This week I introduced 1 egg yolk. Last time I introduced egg yolks, I ate 3 eggs, and then got a stomach ache. So I haven't eaten egg yolks since then. The idea this week is just to test if I can have a bit of egg in a sauce or baked good, etc.


To reintroduce egg yolks I, of course, made cookies!








 Flourless peanut butter cookies
makes about two dozen cookies

1 cup peanut butter (I used half almond butter)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
raisins and oats to your liking
 


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Grease a baking sheet with oil and set aside. 
  3. Mix all ingredients. 
  4. Place walnut-sized balls on baking sheet, and flatten a bit with a fork.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.  
    One egg yolk proved no problem, so I am very grateful that I can eat latkes for Chanukah!

No comments:

Post a Comment